How does it work?
- Your phone can either be on automatic or manual network selection mode.
- If your phone is on automatic selection, you will log on to a network with the strongest signal.
- If your phone is on manual selection, you will have to select a network of your choice depending on which ones Vodacom Lesotho has roaming agreements with.
- Sometimes, your phone may not pick up signal immediately so you may have to reboot & manually select a network.
- Prepaid subscribers must purchase their airtime vouchers before they leave.
- Currently, prepaid subscribers (including Top Up subscribers) can only roam on Vodacom South Africa.
- When dialling a number while roaming, include the country code of the destination you are calling.
How do I activate it?
- Activating roaming is free of charge.
- For prepaid subscribers, dial 1182 & follow the voice prompts.
- For postpaid subscribers, a written request is required using one of the following 3 methods:
1. Send an email to email@example.com.
2. Go to your closest Vodacom Centre and fill in a request form.
3. Write a letter addressed to Credit Control.
What to do before leaving for your destination:
- Contact call centre/nearest Vodacom Centre to find out firstly if we have roaming agreements with any network in the country you are visiting. Secondly to find out which particular networks we have the roaming service with. You may have to do a manual selection for the specific ones as your roaming service will not work with any other network except ones we have roaming agreements with. Thirdly, to find out if we have also launched data roaming with any network in the country you are visiting (should you require the service).
- Contact call centre/nearest Vodacom Centre to confirm that your roaming service is activated before leaving for your destination.
You may also be interested in: