Investing in Basotho’s education has become a central pillar for Vodacom Lesotho and our Foundation. We have invested extensively in education through various programs to drastically improve both access to education for Basotho and the quality of education being delivered. In line with this, we are continuing to commit our technology and our resources to improve education in Lesotho, this time through giving parents of school-going children the opportunity to WIN a state of the art Computer Lab for their children’s school by paying school fees with M-pesa. We believe in the power of technology to transforms the way children learn and interact with educational material, and to put Basotho children on the same competitive landscape as any child in the world.
Why you need to pay fees with M-Pesa?
- Students do not have to miss classes only to stand in long queues at the bank.
- Low charges compared to bank charges.
- Pay fees anytime anywhere.
- Provides convenience opposed to travel to and from the bank, and to the school.
- Safe for parents to pay as oppose to giving children the money to pay.
- User friemdly menu in both Sesotho and English.
Ask Me How?
- A parent has to register for M-pesa if not already registered. Click Here
- Ask the school for their Vodacom Merchant Number.
- Pay school fees with M-pesa and write the child’s Name & Surname as reference.
- All schools that have a M-pesa Merchant Number.
- All schools that are registered with the Ministry of Education and Training.
- Parents stand a chance to win monthly prizes of Airtime, M-pesa and Smartphones.
- A fully equipped state of the art computer lab for the school.
How To Pay School Fees
- Dial *111#
- M-Pesa (option 4)
- Pay Merchant: (Option 6)
· Enter Merchant Mobile Number (5xxxxxxx)
· Reference (Name of student)
· Pin ( 4 digits)
Requirements To Be A Merchant:
- Documents of Person(s) identified in the Constitutions as responsible for finances
- School Registration number of Education to prove school is registered lawfully.
Government or Church owned Schools
- Letter or proof from the Ministry/Department of Education to prove school is registered
- Letter from the School Management pointing out who will be in charge of the m-pesa account
- Proof of ID and Proof of residence of the peron(s) identified from in the above letter.